Soil and Moisture Sensor
- Agricultural practices need to be transformed in order to overcome future food scarcity due to overpopulation across the globe.
- Using LoRa, it is possible to monitor farm fields using low-cost and low-power consuming devices.
- To automate irrigation systems for efficient usage of water resources.
- Weather forecast using IoT can help to plan farm filed activities like sowing, harrowing, harvesting, etc.
- This reduces negative impacts like yield losses due to uncertain weather changes.
- LoRa communication mechanism sends sensor data like temperature (°C), humidity (%) and soil moisture (%) from the transmitter node to receiver node.
- The receiving node which is Wi-Fi enabled uses MQTT services to monitor the data.